Saturday, October 13, 2012

Composition Project 1 - Week 5

Hello once again, welcome to another entry.

This week, I think the theme in the comments was "beef it up." In a lot of cases, I think I'm still underestimating what the combination of piano and guitar are capable of, without infringing on each other's territories. So, to that extent, I agree on pretty much every comment that said to add a little more to the piano or guitar. That will definitely happen. Other than that, it was mostly me asking questions relating to how to notate certain ideas with the guitar. I'm excited to hear how a lot of these things will truly sound, because Sibelius does not really give a good representation of what I'm expecting to hear. Minor comments also included some notation nit-picky things that I was not aware of... It's always nice to get 6 or 7 other eyes on your score. Regarding my last movement, while I agree with all of the comments made, I can't guarantee they'll be added because that is certainly nothing like what the last movement will actually look like in the end. But they were good things to know, nonetheless.

I'm beginning to feel the pressure, with a performance of the piece taking place in less than two weeks, now. However, I feel confident in my ability to finish this, and my performers to put on a good performance, too. We're getting into the final stages of things, so I'll have to start thinking of a name. I've had a few floating in my head now, along with names the movements. Since I have a narrative of sorts going on, I will definitely be attaching to that to help me name things.

I really enjoy the direction everyone's work is going. We have such diverse characters among the pieces.

Until next week...!

No comments:

Post a Comment