Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Composition Project 1 - Week 4

This week, I did not have the opportunity to show my work in class, which was okay. I had not had the opportunity to write new parts to my score. Instead, I spent this week editing and planning the last half of my piece. I took in all of the suggestions from last week and incorporated them, and more. I scored the guitar a little more thickly, especially at high points in the score. I added some guitar techniques.

For my last movement I would like to really take advantage of more technical or advanced guitar techniques. Something a little more flamenco-y. I'd like to pit guitar vs piano, and have it flamenco vs jazz, with a resolution of both styles being achieved at the end.

Unfortunately I will be out in the field with the military for the weekend, so I'm not sure how much work I will be able to get done. However, it will be a top priority upon my return.

Until next week...!

No comments:

Post a Comment