Sunday, September 16, 2012

Composition Project 1 - Week 1

First of all, I was really happy with all the positive feedback everyone gave to each other this week. I get a good feeling from the group! I really enjoyed the varying degrees in which we all approached the project.

Regarding my chords for this first week, I was generally happy with the feedback I received. The wave kind of feeling was what I was going for, and I'm glad that people realized that. However, with that I have realized that perhaps a little bit of jumbling of that idea may be needed. I'd like to keep the general idea, but play with it a bit more (even within the confinements of the few chords I really have). I wish that I didn't have to remove my chord that sounded very "Young and Restless-y," , and perhaps I won't, because I felt it added a moment of serenity among some of the deeper, greasier chords. It is not particularly tonal in the way it is voiced. Perhaps with the suggestion of moving to wider voiced chords I can make this chord work in the end. I'm looking forward to expanding upon all of this and digging deeper into the project!

Until next week..!

1 comment:

  1. I love moments of serenity among "greasy" chords. For my first piece this semester, the "home" chord of my piece that I kept coming back to was the one that, like you said it, sounds serene in comparison to the dirty ones. Therefore, I like your thinking!

    ReplyDelete